PureProtect Pty Ltd © 2020. All rights reserved
At PureProtect we are proud to deliver proven mould removal solutions to residential and commercial customers in Queensland.
Mould has the real potential to cause health problems. Moulds produce allergens, irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances known as mycotoxins.
Mould is generally caused by unresolved moisture problems including water leaks, it is important to identify the cause and to resolve the moisture problem to completely remediate the mould contamination.
Some compounds produced by moulds have strong smells and are quickly released into the air. These are known as microbial volatile organic compounds (mVOCs); they can be the source of the “mouldy odour” or musty smell. A mouldy odour suggests that mould is growing in the building and should be investigated.
Mould is largely microscopic; often, the full extent of the mould contamination is hidden by walls or carpets or is under the floor or in the roof cavity. We say that if you think the mould problem is serious, you should request a mould inspection by one of our trained technicians.